Saturday, August 17, 2013

Weightless Wednesday

   On Wednesday of this week, I decided to stop weighing myself on a daily basis.
   I have always been a bit of a slave to the weigh scale, climbing on it several times a day. At the minimum, I weigh myself first thing in the morning and then again close to bedtime.
   What I found lately, though, is that I already sorta know what I weigh whenever I do climb on and I'm generally only out by a pound, or maybe two at the most.
Solitary scales.
   Originally, the scales were all part of the motivation thing, something in black and white, telling me what a fantastic job I was doing with the weight loss thing. Or not...
   Occasionally the scales give me good news and normally I have an idea why I have received this vote of confidence. When they give me bad news, I am also generally aware of the wherefores.
   Part of the problem, though, is that when I receive good news, I celebrate by eating a little extra. It's not part of the plan, but I give myself permission and it just happens This, of course, is counter-productive.
   After reviewing all of this, I started to get the feeling using weigh scales, at least on a daily basis, might not be an essential part of becoming healthier. They don't seem to give me any useful information that I'm not already intrinsically aware of.
   This is what has led to "Weightless Wednesday", a day of the week I picked simply for its alliterative value. Next Wednesday, I'll hop on them again and see if there has been any difference. Between now and then, I will "go it alone" and see what the results are. I will concentrate on simply feeling healthy and not tying that to the numbers between my feet!    

No comments:

Post a Comment